Time is running out to nominate your sporting hero for this year’s Charnwood Sports Awards.
The deadline for nominations is Friday, September 15.
The Awards, organised by Charnwood Borough Council, celebrate the successes of people who make a difference to sport and physical activity in the borough.
Councillor Jonathan Morgan, the council’s Cabinet member for Communities and Customer Service said: “There’s not long left to get your nominations in, so don’t miss out on the chance to recognise someone you feel has made a difference.
“You can nominate a sportsperson, club, coach or volunteer, so if you know someone who goes above and beyond, let us know your nomination.”
This year’s awards ceremony will take place on Monday, December 5.
The categories this year include:
- Junior Sportsperson of the Year
- Junior Volunteer of the Year
- Junior Team of the Year
- Disabled Sportsperson of the Year
- Senior Sportsperson of the Year
- Senior Volunteer of the Year
- Senior Team of the Year
- Coach of the Year
- Club of the Year
- Contribution to School Sport
- Best Community Sport & or Physical Activity Project
- Outstanding Contribution to Physical Activity and Sport
To nominate online or find out more about the awards visit www.charnwood.gov.uk/sportsawards or call 01509 634592.