The Local Plan was adopted on 12th January 2004. Over time it will be replaced by the Charnwood Local Plan. Under the Planning and Compulsory Purchase Act 2004 policies in the Plan were “saved” for a 3 year period ending on the 27th September 2007.
On the 21st September 2007 the Secretary of State issued a direction to save a number of policies in the local Plan beyond this 3 year period. Policies on the list remain part of the development plan and will continue to inform decisions the Council makes on planning applications.
Local Plan policies not listed in the Direction expired on the 27th September 2007 and no longer form part of the development plan and will not be used for making decisions on planning applications. Please refer to the document below which sets out the status of each Local Plan policy and, where applicable, explains why the policy no longer applies.
- Table of saved policies (PDF Document, 0.12 Mb).
If you have any questions on the Local Plan and the Secretary of State’s Direction please contact the Planning Policy Team on 01509 634769 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org
Where Else Can I View a Copy of the Adopted Local Plan?
A web version of the Adopted Local Plan is available (it is recommended that you have Internet Explorer Version 5 installed on your computer) or each chapter can be downloaded below in PDF format.
- Contents (PDF Document, 0.62 Mb)
- Foreword (PDF Document, 0.1 Mb)
- Chapter 1 ~ Introduction (PDF Document, 0.38 Mb)
- Chapter 2 ~ Strategy (PDF Document, 0.55 Mb)
- Chapter 3 ~ Environment (PDF Document, 0.5 Mb)
- Chapter 4 ~ Population and Housing (PDF Document, 0.74 Mb)
- Chapter 5 ~ Employment and Business (PDF Document, 0.77 Mb)
- Chapter 6 ~ Rural Land and Economy (PDF Document, 0.43 Mb)
- Chapter 7 ~ Transport and Traffic Management (PDF Document, 0.58 Mb)
- Chapter 8 ~ Central Areas and Shopping (PDF Document, 0.45 Mb)
- Chapter 9 ~ Recreation and Tourism (PDF Document, 0.31 Mb)
- Chapter 10 ~ Community Facilities (PDF Document, 0.16 Mb)
- Vehicle Parking Standards for New Developments (PDF Document, 0.23 Mb)
- Glossary (PDF Document, 0.26 Mb)
- Proposals Map (not available for downloading but can be viewed in this web version).
A printed version of the Local Plan is available for viewing at the Council Offices on Southfield Road, Loughborough.
How Do I Purchase a Copy of the Local Plan?
A printed version or CD version of the adopted Local Plan can be purchased by sending a cheque made payable to Charnwood Borough Council addressed for the attention of:
Plans, Policy & Place-Making, Charnwood Borough Council, Council Offices, Southfield Road, Loughborough,Leicestershire, LE11 2TN.
Written Statement including folded Proposals Map = £55.00 + £4.31 p&p
Folded Proposals Map on its own = £30.00 + £0.75 p&p
CD version of Local Plan = £3.00 + £0.60 p&p
It is in the same style and format as the web version which is viewable above. In order to use this CD fully it is recommended that you have Internet Explorer Version 5 installed on your computer.
Last updated: Thu 26th March, 2015 @ 14:56