Charnwood Local Plan 2011-2028 Core Strategy
The Core Strategy was adopted on the 9th November 2015. Further information can be found here.
The Core Strategy now forms part of the Development Plan for the Borough and will be used to determine planning applications.
The Local Plan was adopted on 12th January 2004. Over time it will be replaced by the Charnwood Local Plan. Under the Planning and Compulsory Purchase Act 2004 policies in the Plan were “saved” for a 3 year period ending on the 27th September 2007.
A list of the remaining Saved Policies from the 2004 Local Plan can be found below:
Borough of Charnwood Local Plan (2004) Saved Policies (PDF Document, 0.1 Mb)
If you have any questions on the Local Plan and the Secretary of State’s Direction please contact the Planning Policy Team on 01509 634769 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Where Else Can I View a Copy of the Adopted Local Plan?
A web version of the Adopted Local Plan is available (it is recommended that you have Internet Explorer Version 5 installed on your computer) or each chapter can be downloaded below in PDF format.
- Contents (PDF Document, 0.62 Mb)
- Foreword (PDF Document, 0.1 Mb)
- Chapter 1 ~ Introduction (PDF Document, 0.38 Mb)
- Chapter 2 ~ Strategy (PDF Document, 0.55 Mb)
- Chapter 3 ~ Environment (PDF Document, 0.5 Mb)
- Chapter 4 ~ Population and Housing (PDF Document, 0.74 Mb)
- Chapter 5 ~ Employment and Business (PDF Document, 0.77 Mb)
- Chapter 6 ~ Rural Land and Economy (PDF Document, 0.43 Mb)
- Chapter 7 ~ Transport and Traffic Management (PDF Document, 0.58 Mb)
- Chapter 8 ~ Central Areas and Shopping (PDF Document, 0.45 Mb)
- Chapter 9 ~ Recreation and Tourism (PDF Document, 0.31 Mb)
- Chapter 10 ~ Community Facilities (PDF Document, 0.16 Mb)
- Vehicle Parking Standards for New Developments (PDF Document, 0.23 Mb)
- Glossary (PDF Document, 0.26 Mb)
- Proposals Map (not available for downloading but can be viewed in this web version).
Last updated: Tue 1st December, 2015 @ 14:57