The Benefit Service is responsible for administering the Housing Benefit scheme and the Leicestershire and Rutland Council Tax Support scheme for the people of Charnwood.
- Apply for Housing Benefit or Council Tax Support online
- Work out your benefits claim
- Changes to the benefits system
- Making payments through Pingit
- Our set service standards
- Report a change in circumstances
These are payments made by us, based on rules set by the Government or Local Authority, to help you pay your rent or council tax if you are on a low income. We have very little discretion on how to apply the rules.
Please note that details of benefit amounts paid to customers or their landlords will be passed to HMRC on request.
If you have any further questions and queries, please don't hesitate to contact us. More advice and information on entitlements, benefits, allowances, grants and debt is available on the Gov.uk website.
- Charnwood Council Tax Reduction Scheme 2015/16 (PDF Document, 0.83 Mb)
Last updated: Mon 5th September, 2016 @ 16:21