Flooding can pose a serious hazard to lives and property. By taking simple precautions you can minimise the damage caused. Please use the links below for further details.
- Latest on disruptions due to bad weather - information about disruptions caused by bad weather and links to help and assistance in dealing with cold weather.
- Land drainage & flooding web page - information on how you can protect your home from flooding as well as details of our catchment management responsibilities.
- Watercourse management web page - information on how we manage our watercourses.
We currently have a limited number of sandbags available. the policy of distribution and how to obtain is attached below:
- Sandbag Policy (Word Document, 0.1 Mb)
Leicestershire County Council is the Lead Local Flood Agency for the county. Their Flood Team have put together a quick reference document outlining the partner agencies responsible for flooding issues associated to their core business:
- Leics County Council - Who to Contact- Flood Water (PDF Document, 0.79 Mb)
|FOI 3640||26th Nov 2013||Climate Change Strategy|
Last updated: Fri 11th March, 2016 @ 16:21