The Development Management team are responsible for making decisions on planning applications in line with local and national policies. In some documents and guidance we may be referred to as the local government authority.
Another area of planning which people may be familiar with is Building Control, which ensures buildings are structurally sound and built to required health and safety standards.
Other functions included in the Planning & Regeneration service are:
- Natural & Built Environment: historic buildings, listed buildings and conservation areas, urban design, landscape design, tree protection and biodiversity
- Planning Policy: the preparation of long-term strategic planning framework in the borough
- Economic Development & Regeneration: advice and support to local businesses as well as managing regeneration projects
- Sustainability: support to people and organisations who live and work in the borough on living more sustainably
Guide to the Planning and Regeneration service in Charnwood
Click on the image to view a turning pages version of the document or click this link Guide to the Planning and Regeneration Service in Charnwood (PDF Document, 23.83 Mb)
Our Planning service also covers:
- Customer Charter Planning and Regeneration Service (PDF Document, 0.1 Mb)
Last updated: Thu 29th September, 2016 @ 14:52