Below are some of the walks available in Charnwood, and how you can get involved. For more information call the Sport and Active Recreation team on:
- Tel: 01509 632535 (ask to speak to Sam or Mat)
- Email: email@example.com
If you would like to join our team of volunteer walk leaders we would like to hear from you. We run free training courses throughout the year; more information can be found on our Walk Leader training page.
Charnwood Borough Council and Fusion Lifestyle have put together a programme of guided walks.
There are a variety of routes and distances, with some walks accessible for wheelchair and buggy walkers. Download a copy of the brochure from the link below:
- Guided Walks Brochure: January - June, 2017 (PDF Document, 7.22 Mb)
Walking for health groups
These groups undertake friendly, sociable walks across Charnwood. They are up to around an hour in length and free to attend. The walks are run under the Walking for Health scheme and led by friendly volunteer walk leaders.
We have regular walks in Barrow Upon Soar, Loughborough, Mountsorrel, Quorn and Sileby and have a new walk starting in Shepshed from January 23. Details can be found in the leaflet attached below.
- Walking for health groups in Charnwood, 2017 (PDF Document, 0.1 Mb)
Please come along, make yourself known and take part, no need to pre-book. You're welcome to stop mid-walk for a drink and chat.
- Family Walks Around Charnwood No 1 (PDF Document, 0.68 Mb)
- Derby Road Walks - Loughborough (Not Guided) (PDF Document, 8.5 Mb)
- East Goscote Walk (Not Guided) (PDF Document, 2.55 Mb)
- Loughborough Doctors Walk (Not Guided) (PDF Document, 0.4 Mb)
- Loughborough Town North Walk (Not Guided) (PDF Document, 0.32 Mb)
- Loughborough Town South East Walk - (Not Guided) (PDF Document, 0.35 Mb)
- Loughborough Town South West Walk (Not Guided) (PDF Document, 0.4 Mb)
- Quorn Walks (Not Guided) (PDF Document, 5.04 Mb)
- Watermead Walk 1 (Not Guided) (PDF Document, 1.87 Mb)
- Watermead Walk 2 (Not Guided) (PDF Document, 0.44 Mb)
- Woodhouse Eaves Walks (Not Guided) (PDF Document, 0.31 Mb)
- Syston Library Walks (PDF Document, 0.64 Mb)
- ACE website for information on walks, countryside and green spaces accessible to those using wheelcharis, mobility scooters, pushchairs and buggies
- External Link to Natural England website: DEFRA Walks
- External Link to The National Forest website: Walking information
- Choose How You Move website: Walking Information for Leicestershire
Last updated: Tue 3rd January, 2017 @ 14:37