The Council values the contribution of Loughborough University and its students to the reputation and the economy of the Borough. However the Council also recognises that the concentration of shared student housing can cause imbalance in the composition of the community and consequential injury to local amenities and facilities.
The terms of reference of the panel are focussed on whether the Council’s policy approaches to managing student occupancy are being successful. By managing student occupancy the panel means those policies which address where shared student housing is located and other housing and planning policies which regulate occupancy. These polices are intended to maintain sustainable, balanced communities, appropriate land use development and provide safe accommodation rather than deal with the behaviour of students. However the panel recognises that it is often concerns about the latter which are the trigger for public concern.
- MSO SP 28 June 2013 Action Notes (PDF Document, 0.1 Mb)
- MSO SP 28 June 2013 Agenda with attachemnts (PDF Document, 0.3 Mb)
- MSO SP 17 June 2013 Action Notes (PDF Document, 0.1 Mb)
- MSO SP 17 June 2013 Agenda with attachments (PDF Document, 0.37 Mb)
- MSO SP 17 June 2013 Item 04 Studentification Presentation slides (PDF Document, 9.15 Mb)
- MSO SP 30 May 2013 - Action Notes (PDF Document, 0.1 Mb)
- MSO SP 30 May 2013 Agenda (PDF Document, 1.9 Mb)
- Written Information submitted to the Panel by Witnesses (PDF Document, 8.8 Mb)