- Requested on
- Wed 2nd March, 2011
- FOI 1218
- Information provided
1) How many members of staff does the council employ to fill trade union posts? Please provide job titles, salaries and, if possible, names for each of these posts. Please state the council's total expenditure on trade union posts in the financial year 2009-10 and so far this financial year.
2) How much money did the council spend on wine and other alcoholic drinks in the financial year 2009/10 and so far this financial year? Please provide a breakdown of each item of expenditure on alcohol. Please provide any documents, memos, letters or emails related to the purchase of alcohol written in the above mentioned period.
3) How much money did the council spend on "twinning" with overseas towns in the financial year 2009/10 and so far this financial year? Please provide a breakdown of all spending on twinning. Please provide any documents, memos, letters or emails related to twinning written in the above mentioned period.
4) What were the council's five highest redundancy payments since March 2010? Please provide the names, job titles and salaries of each member of staff.
1) How many members of staff does the council employ to fill trade union posts?
We are awaiting your response to my email of 4 March to request clarification on this question; whether you would like details of dedicated TU posts and/or of work place representatives who have Council posts but carry out TU duties alongside their main role?
2) How much money did the council spend on wine and other alcoholic drinks in the financial year 2009/10 and so far this financial year?
ALCOHOL BREAKDOWN 2009/10
Meal & Drinks (including alcohol): £143.85 (no breakdown)*
Meal & Drinks (including alcohol): £98.35 (no breakdown)*
Guinness 2 @ £3.30 = £6.60
Gordons Gin £2.40
Canada Dry 2 @ £1.35 = £2.70
175ml Hse White 4 @ £3.00 = £12.00
250ml Hse White £4.15
175ml Merlot 4 @ £3.75 = £15.00
Tempranillo 3 @ £3.00 = £9.00
Drinks Reception £279.00 (includes sparking wine and soft drinks – no breakdown)*
Wine (21 bottles @ £8.61) £180.81
ALCOHOL BREAKDOWN 2010/11
1 Emp Chardonay £20.75
HRDVR Merlot, 6 @ £5.49 = £32.94
Zenith Chenin Chard, 6 @ £4.49 = £26.94
Drinks Reception (152 drinks) £380.00 (includes sparking wine and soft drinks – no breakdown)*
Wine (42 bottles) £417.90
Toast Drinks (152 drinks) £380.00
3) How much money did the council spend on "twinning" with overseas towns in the financial year 2009/10 and so far this financial year?2009/10 - £2 656.92
2010/11- £2378.49 Full breakdowns attached.
Related documents and memos are attached to this email, and other emails that will follow, to ensure that each email is kept to a reasonable size. Please note personal information has been redacted from these documents in accordance with S40(2) of the Act.
4) What were the council's five highest redundancy payments since March 2010?
Four redundancies were made in 2010
In answering your request, we have as required under the Act undertaken an assessment to determine if any of the exemptions provided by the Act apply to the information that you have requested. Having completed this assessment we have concluded that part of the information you requested in question 4, i.e. the names and job titles of the staff concerned, is exempt from disclosure under Sections 40(2) of the Act and we will not, therefore, be able to supply that part of it.
Section 40(2) of the Act covers personal data where the person requesting the information is not the data subject and disclosure of the information would breach one or more of the data protection principles in the Act. Personal data is defined in the Data Protection Act 1998 as data which relate to a living individual who can be identified-
(a) from those data, or
(b) from those data and other information which is in the possession of, or is likely to come into the possession of, the data controller.
Part of the information you requested identifies past individual members of staff and provides personal information about them. It is the reasonable expectation of the members of ex staff concerned that this information would not be disclosed in this way and in order not to breach the first Data Protection Principle, that the processing of personal information should be fair and lawful, the identity of the members of staff concerned has been redacted. Further information will be published in the Council's accounts in due course.