- Requested on
- Wed 17th September, 2014
- FOI 4984
- Information provided
In the 2013/14 tax year -
1. How many councillors were issued with reminder notices/letters for late council tax payments?
2. How many councillors were issued with a court summons for late council tax payment?
3. In each court summons case, how much was the unpaid amount?
4. In each court summons case, how much is still outstanding?
5. Of those cases involving councillors summoned to court, how many court cases went ahead as planned?
6. How many cases were there where, as a result of their late payments, councillors were unable to attend/vote at the council budget-setting meeting as per the Local Government Finance Act?
1) In the year 2013, we issued only one reminder notice to a councillor for an outstanding installment of council tax. The outstanding amount was paid in full in response to the reminder notice.
2) – 6) N/A