- Requested on
- Thu 27th February, 2014
- FOI 4009
- Information provided
1) How many swimming pools located in the Charnwood local authority area were available to the public at 1 April 2010 and of those how many were: a) 25m pools; b) 50m pools and c) other pools.
• Please indicate against each category how many were:
i. located in premises owned and operated by the local authority
ii. located in premises owned by the local authority but operated by a third party
iii. located in premises not owned or operated by the local authority
iv. Located in a school premises and whether the school is state run, academy or any other status.
2) What changes have been made to public swimming pool provision since 1 April 2010 including the opening of new facilities, the closure of facilities or alterations to opening times?
3) What were the fees, charges including membership fees for each category of user including for clubs and schools on 1 April 2010 and 1 April 2013 for each pool?
4) What was the expenditure in your local authority for running and maintaining swimming pools in the financial year 2010/11 and what is the budget, for the financial year 2013/14?
5) What income was generated from fees, charges including membership fees in the financial year 2010/11 and what is the budgeted income for the financial year 2013/14?