- Requested on
- Fri 15th March, 2013
- FOI 2796
- Information provided
1. How much money did the council raise from spot fines in the last full accounting year?
2. How much did the council raise from spot fines in the accounting year before that?
3. What kinds of fines were imposed? If too many to enumerate, please give the top five most implemented spot fines.
By “spot fine” I refer to fines imposed by council employees at a particular place, eg littering, misplacing wheelie bins on the pavement, having untidy gardens etc.
1. 2011- 2012 £4,420 taken in fixed penalty notice fines for environmental offences
2. 2010 – 2011 £5,760 taken in fixed penalty notice fines for environmental offences
3. Top 5 environmental offences:
2. Incorrect use of a waste receptacle
3. Dog fouling
4. Abandoned vehicles
5. Fly posting