- Requested on
- Thu 3rd October, 2013
- FOI 3430
- Information provided
Under the Freedom of Information Act 2000, could you please tell me what type of advertising and sponsorship schemes you have running in the council’s region, ie sites where you generate revenue by allowing companies to sponsor them or other Council departments to advertise events, etc? In particular, I would like to know about any of the following schemes:
• Boundary (‘Welcome to’) signs
• Poster sites
• Car parks
• Bus shelters
• Council buildings, e.g. leisure centres
• Vehicles, e.g. refuse lorries
If you do generate revenue and/or currently allow advertising/sponsorship on any sites that you own, could you also please tell me:
1. How much revenue the Council currently receives, per annum, for each site type (e.g. roundabouts £10K, etc)
2. The name of the supplier or internal department that manages the advertising/sponsorship process.
3. If outsourced to a supplier, whether this was via a tender process.
4. If a tender process was used to find a supplier, when this current contract started and when it will end.
5. If a tender process wasn’t used, when any trial or contract started and when it will end.
6. The contact details of the person who manages the supplier or process for the Council or whom we can contact for further information if no schemes are in place.
Charnwood Borough Council do not have an advertising or sponsorship scheme.