- Requested on
- Mon 2nd June, 2014
- FOI 4482
- Information provided
I would like information on people dying with no next of kin being known at the time of death from 1/1/14 to the day of your response to this request. If someone died before 1/1/14 but the case has only come to your attention since, could you please also include details, as follows:
1. Surnames and forenames or initials
2. Dates of death
3. Age at death or date of birth
4. Place of birth
5. Marital status
6. Maiden surnames of married or widowed women
7. Usual address at time of death
8. Approx. value of their estate if known
9. The date you sent information to the Treasury Solicitor (or, if in Lancashire, the Duchy of Lancaster, or, if in Cornwall, the Duchy of Cornwall), or confirmation that this action was not applicable.
10. If you have yet to send the information on, as per 9 above, or a decision has not yet been made whether or not to do so, please also advise of this.
There has been one case of a person dying with next of kin that Charnwood Borough Council has dealt with since January 2014; we hold the following details
name of deceased Michael Broughton
date of death 16/1/14
last known address No Fixed Abode
date of birth 02/03/78
No information has been sent to the Treasury Solicitor.