|Date Listed||Thu 15th March, 1984|
|Category||Statutory Listed Building|
|Address||Nos. 36 and 38 Main Street Swithland LE12 8TH|
|Volume, Map, Item||286, 3, 75|
|Ward||Rothley & Thurcaston|
|Description||Cottages of C18 incorporating former Methodist Chapel of 1856, now two dwellings. Long range gable facing with wing to left at rear. Granite and slate rubble stone partly rendered, with Swithland slate roofs to former chapel nearest road, rear wing, and outshuts on right side, otherwise thatch. Brick ridge and end stacks. Former chapel has central door with overlight and a mullion and transom window either side. Buff brick dressings and cambered lintels. Dated 1856 on small stone over door. Range behind of 1|
The description above describes the salient features of the building as it was at the date of listing. It is given in order to aid identification; it is not intended to be either comprehensive or exclusive.
Statutory Listing covers all parts of the property and its curtilage, ie all internal and external elements whether described or not.