|Date Listed||Mon 5th November, 1984|
|Category||Statutory Listed Building|
|Address||Cotes Mill (formally listed as Lower Mill) Nottingham Road Cotes LE12 5TL|
|Volume, Map, Item||261, 3, 72|
Watermill, now public house, and house attached. Watermill: C16/C17 (possibly earlier origin), altered and enlarged C19. Original building of rubble stone with quoins, now painted white. North front has blocked 2-light chamfered window to ground floor, C20 first floor windows but with hoodmoulds. Enlarged in brick (now painted white), plain tile roof. North front has C20 weather boarded gable lucam. East front has raised brick band and three 3-light cambered headed windows. Various C19 slate roofed brick extensions to north and east. Massive C20 covered space to west, not of architectural interest. House, to south of mill: c. 1830 (possibly a recasing) brick (painted white) slate roof. Canted plan. Two storey, 2 window range. Three light windows with lozenge pattern glazing bars and margin lights. Brick dentil cornice, 6-panel door to left hand side with rectangular fanlight and bracketed hood above.
The description above describes the salient features of the building as it was at the date of listing. It is given in order to aid identification; it is not intended to be either comprehensive or exclusive.
Statutory Listing covers all parts of the property and its curtilage, ie all internal and external elements whether described or not.