|Date Listed||Thu 15th March, 1984|
|Category||Statutory Listed Building|
|Address||School House Nottingham Road Burton on the Wolds LE12 5TP|
|Volume, Map, Item||87, 1, 28|
|Parish||Burton on the Wolds|
|Description||School house, 1881. A long red brick range with central gables bearing Packe family crest in stone cartouche, and having ornate barge boards and finials. To left and right, symmetrically placed entrances in gabled porches with pierced barge boards with finials and chamfered 4-centred arched entrances. Two central and two outer top-light opening windows with cambered brick heads and stone sills. Plain tiled roof, 2 axial stacks. The school was originally an endowed foundation of 1657, moved to the present site from the churchyard in 1840, enlarged and made a Board school in 1882.|
The description above describes the salient features of the building as it was at the date of listing. It is given in order to aid identification; it is not intended to be either comprehensive or exclusive.
Statutory Listing covers all parts of the property and its curtilage, ie all internal and external elements whether described or not.