|Date Listed||Fri 12th October, 1984|
|Category||Statutory Listed Building|
|Address||Vestry at Churchyard of All Saints Main Street Cossington LE7 4UW|
|Volume, Map, Item||260, 7, 10|
|Description||Detached vestry. Dated 1835. Granite rubble stone and brick and Welsh slate hipped roof with brick side stack. One storey. Central doorway with stone surround and door. Stone tablet over carved with Babington coat of arms and inscribed ?Erected April 1835?. A small niche either side. On right side two 3 light casements the top glazing bars forming Gothic arches. Was used as meeting room and place of shelter by ?Temperance? groups organised and brought from Leicester by Thomas Cook (of Cook?s Tours). Both he and William Babington, Rector of Cossington, were interested in this movement. Information from present Rector.|
The description above describes the salient features of the building as it was at the date of listing. It is given in order to aid identification; it is not intended to be either comprehensive or exclusive.
Statutory Listing covers all parts of the property and its curtilage, ie all internal and external elements whether described or not.