Organisations in Charnwood are due to receive £270,860 in grant funding to support their work.
The funding has been awarded by Charnwood Borough Council as part of its Strategic Partner Grant Scheme.
The scheme gives financial support to a number of community and voluntary organisations in Charnwood.
Councillor Brian Page, Lead Member for Communities, Safety and Wellbeing said: “We’re pleased to be able to continue to provide funding for a number of local organisations that benefit our community.
“We’re committed to supporting strong communities within the borough, and these groups help us to do that through their hard work which focusses on a range of issues, from mental health and wellbeing to crime and anti-social behaviour.”
There are currently 11 strategic partner organisations which are supported by the grant funding. They became partners after delivering services on behalf of the Council on an on-going basis.
The organisations are:
- Charnwood Citizens Advice Bureau – Informs and advises people on their rights and responsibilities on issues including debt and employment
- Charnwood Twenty Twenty – A charity which provides specialist education and support to disadvantaged young people
- Clockwise Credit Union – A not-for-profit Credit Union which offers banking service such as affordable loans
- Equality Action – Aims to eliminate discrimination and campaigns for equal opportunities
- Fearon Community Association – Aims to improve the quality of life for people living in East Loughborough
- Gorse Covert Community Association – Offers a wide range of activities in the Loughborough West area, including for pre-natal and elderly people
- John Storer House – A volunteer run centre which provides services and activities for local people
- Shepshed Volunteer Centre – Provides services for vulnerable residents in Shepshed
- Living Without Abuse – Supports people who have been a victim of domestic abuse
- Rosebery St Peter’s Community Centre – A community centre which supports a range of activities
- Syston and District Volunteer Centre – Volunteer centre to support the local community across South Charnwood
For more information about the Councils grant schemes visit www.charnwood.gov.uk/grants
The decision will come into force subject to a call-in period of five working days from the date the decision is published.