The bandstand in Queen’s Park, Loughborough will come alive with the sound of music this summer.
Free afternoon concerts by a number local of bands and choirs will be staged on the bandstand from May 26 to August 8.
Performers will include the Loughborough Concert Band, The New Orleans Hotshots Jazz Band and the Loughborough Male Voice Choir.
Sylvia Wright, head of leisure and culture at Charnwood Borough Council which organises the events, said: “Queen’s Park is a lovely place to visit during the summer months and these free concerts give residents an opportunity to listen to live music while they’re visiting the park.
“Charnwood Museum will also be open throughout the summer months, so there’s plenty to see and do while you’re here.”
“If you’ve never been to Queen’s Park before, I’d encourage you to come along to see the park but to also enjoy some live music.”
The concerts all start at 2pm and will take place:
- Sunday, May 26 – Loughborough Male Voice Choir
- Sunday, June 9 – Loughborough Salvation Army Band
- Sunday, June 16 – Melbourne Town Band
- Sunday, July 7 – Charnwood Concert Band
- Sunday, July 14 – Loughborough Concert Band
- Sunday, July 21 – Hathern Youth and Concert Brass
- Sunday, August 11 – The New Orleans Hotshots Jazz Band
For more information about events in Queen’s Park visit www.charnwood.gov.uk/queenspark