Charnwood Borough Council leader Jonathan Morgan has confirmed his Cabinet following the elections on May 2.
The Conservative Group has retained control of the Council with 36 councillors. Labour has 13, there are two Independents and one Green Party councillor.
Cllr Morgan has reappointed all members of the Cabinet who were in place before the elections. Some minor adjustments have been made to some portfolios.
Cllr Morgan said: “I am delighted to make these appointments and wish my colleagues well in their roles.
“Charnwood is one of the largest borough councils in the country and while financially robust there are always challenges ahead. We are committed to building stronger communities, developing the local economy and looking after the environment and that means driving our services forward to benefit residents and Cabinet members play a crucial role in that process.
“We look forward to working with fellow councillors, staff, partners and residents to bring improvements to Charnwood.”
The Council’s Cabinet comprises:
- Cllr Jonathan Morgan – Leader of the Council, lead member for whole council, strategic partnerships, customer services and communications
- Cllr Tom Barkley - Deputy Leader of the Council, lead member for finance and property
- Cllr Jenny Bokor – lead member for Loughborough
- Cllr Leigh Harper Davies- lead member for performance of major contracts
- Cllr Paul Mercer – lead member for housing
- Cllr James Poland – lead member for equalities, member and strategic services
- Cllr Margaret Smidowicz – lead member for regulatory services, enforcement and licensing
- Cllr Deborah Taylor – lead member for communities, safety and wellbeing
- Cllr Eric Vardy – lead member for planning, inward investment and tourism strategy
- Cllr Roy Rollings – lead member for customer services and digital transformation
Each portfolio has several areas of responsibility and more details can be found on the Council website: www.charnwood.gov.uk/cabinet
More information about the Council’s committees can also be found on the council website at www.charnwood.gov.uk/committees
If you wish to find your local borough councillor please visit My Charnwood and enter your postcode: my.charnwood.gov.uk