Residents of Charnwood will be able to enjoy guided walks again from August 10.
Due to the coronavirus pandemic, the guided walks, organised by Charnwood Borough Council’s Active Charnwood team, will be a bit different to previous events to ensure Government guidelines are followed and risks to customers and walk leaders are minimised.
The team have published the list of walks that begin on Tuesday August 11 in Barrow upon Soar and will be published on a fortnightly basis moving forward.
The differences in place for the time being:
- All places on the walks are for pre-booking only. This is to ensure the group size doesn't exceed the Government guidelines and that the team have the necessary details in case of the need to support a test and trace process
- Anyone turning up to a walk who has not pre-booked will be turned away. This includes other members of your own household who have not had a place booked for them
- Walks will be split into groups of up to six people including the walk leader
- To enable as many people as possible to join in on regular group walks, the number of places available to book at any one time will be limited. At present, one place can be booked per person per fortnight.
- The team will hold waiting lists for walks and record interest from you if you wish to be considered for extra walks within the fortnight. They will then contact names on the waiting list on a first come first served basis if there are places available in the day, or days prior to the walk. This process will be reviewed regularly.
- Routes will be similar but may be slightly different to those you remember from pre-lockdown following. Please follow the guidance of the walk leaders
- There is unlikely to be access to toilets at the start/finish
- There may not be access to a cafe at the end of the walk
- You are encouraged to bring your own face coverings and PPE. The walks will be adhering to 2m social distancing, or 1m+ for short periods where this is not possible. In general, the routes will avoid touch points like gates and stiles. However, these may be encountered, therefore bringing hand-sanitiser is advised.
Walk schedules, details and booking information can be found on the Charnwood Sport website at www.charnwoodsport.org.uk/walking and promoted on Facebook @ActiveCharnwood, Twitter @ActiveCharnwood and Instagram Active_Charnwood as new walks are added and published.