Published: Wed 30th December, 2020
The Government has announced that Charnwood will be placed under Tier 4 restrictions from 00:01 on Thursday, December 31.
Tier 4 (Stay at Home) restrictions mean:
- You can only leave home for specific reasons including food shopping, work, medical purposes and exercise.
- You cannot meet other people indoors unless you live with them, or they are part of your support bubble.
- Outdoors, you can only meet one person from another household.
- All leisure centres and indoor gyms and swimming pools must close
- Non-essential retail must close (but they can operate a click and collect service)
- Hospitality businesses such as bars, pubs, social clubs and restaurants must close (but can operate a takeaway service)
Cllr Jonathan Morgan, Leader of Charnwood Borough Council, said: “The number of cases in the borough has been rising and therefore we clearly need to act.
“I would strongly encourage people to follow the new restrictions and we need to remember that there is light at the end of the tunnel. More and more people are being vaccinated and the more we follow the restrictions, the sooner we can get back to normality. That’s good for people and businesses.”
Under Tier 4, all three of the Council’s leisure centres will be closing and Loughborough Market will switch to being essential goods only.