Published: Tue 28th June, 2022
A host of exciting activities are on offer to youngsters across Charnwood during the summer holidays.
Active Charnwood, the sport and recreation team at Charnwood Borough Council, are running activities from Monday July 18 to Friday August 26.
The activities will take place around a number of venues across the borough with den building, orienteering, high ropes and much more.
Cllr Leigh Harper-Davies, the Council’s lead member for communities said: “These activities are a great chance to help get children active through the summer holidays.
“There is a fantastic range of events on across the borough and I hope to see as many as possible getting involved.”
The list of activities are:
- Orienteering, The Outwoods, Tuesday August 2 and Wednesday August 24.
- Den Building, The Outwoods, Tuesday August 9 and Wednesday August 17.
- Archery, Beaumanor Hall, Wednesday July 27 and Tuesday August 16.
- High Ropes, Beamanor Hall, Monday August 8 and Monday August 22.
- Bloom Community Dance, Loughborough Leisure Centre, Monday July 25.
- Bloom Community Dance (Inclusive), Loughborough Leisure Centre, Monday August 1.
- B-BUDDIES Cycle Skills, Beamanor Hall, Wednesday August 24.
- Junior Cricket, Soar Valley Leisure Centre, Tuesday July 26, Tuesday August 2 and Tuesday August 9.
- Charnwood’s Commonwealth Games, Loughborough Leisure Centre, August 1, 8, 15 &22.
- Climbing, The Climbing Station Loughborough, July 28, August 4, 11, 18 & 25.
- Family Geocaching, Watermead Park, Wednesday August 10.
All the sessions must be pre-booked and are on a first-come, first-served basis.
You can book your child’s place online by visiting the Active Charnwood website or by calling 01509 634561.
You can also find information regarding pricing for the different activities on the Active Charnwood website.