Please note: Applications closed for this scheme at 5pm on February 9, 2021. No late applications will be accepted.
The Government has announced some additional funding under the Additional Restriction Grant to support those businesses significantly impacted by the ongoing restriction in place as a result of the Covid-19 pandemic.
Who is eligible?
The Local Discretionary Support Grant is available to all businesses that have been severely impacted financially, due to the Covid-19 Pandemic and have evidence of ongoing fixed costs.
This fund is used to help both eligible businesses that can continue to operate and those that have been required to close for the period of these restrictions.
Who isn’t eligible?
- Businesses that are in administration, insolvent or where a striking-off notice has been made, are not eligible for funding under this scheme for the purposes of this grant
- Businesses that have chosen to close but not been required to will not be eligible for this grant.
- Businesses that have already received grant payments that equal the maximum levels of State aid permitted under the de minimis and the Covid-19 Temporary State Aid Framework.
- Businesses that have not lost income as a result of the Covid-19 pandemic
Grants amount will be determined based on scoring against the following criteria:
- Number of jobs supported by the business
- Level of ongoing fixed business related costs
- Level of financial loss due to Covid-19 Pandemic
- If the business is locally owned and independent
- The ability of the business to trade online
- Any previous financial support received
- Any ongoing financial support being received e.g. Local Restriction Support Grants (LRSG)
Depending on the outcome of the assessment, the following grant amounts will be paid:
£20,000, £10,000, £5,000, £2,500, £1,000
How do I apply?
Applications were open from January 26, 2021 until 5pm on February 9, 2021 – no late applications will be accepted.
Last updated: Thu 18th February, 2021 @ 09:49