The Borough of Charnwood Local Plan (2004) was adopted on January 12, 2004.
Many of its policies have become out of date, a letter from the Secretary of State in 2007 saved a number of these policies but many have since been superseded by policies in the Local Plan Core Strategy (2011-28). A list of the remaining Saved Policies can be found below:
- Borough of Charnwood Local Plan (2004) Saved Policies (PDF Document, 0.1 Mb)
If you have any questions on the Local Plan please contact the Planning Policy Team on
- Tel: 01509 634929
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Where can I view a copy of the entire borough of Charnwood Local Plan (2004)?
A web version of the Borough of Charnwood Local Plan (2004) is available or each chapter can be downloaded below in PDF format. It is recommended that you have Internet Explorer Version 5 installed on your computer.
- Contents (PDF Document, 0.62 Mb)
- Foreword (PDF Document, 0.1 Mb)
- Chapter 1 ~ Introduction (PDF Document, 0.38 Mb)
- Chapter 2 ~ Strategy (PDF Document, 0.55 Mb)
- Chapter 3 ~ Environment (PDF Document, 0.5 Mb)
- Chapter 4 ~ Population and Housing (PDF Document, 0.74 Mb)
- Chapter 5 ~ Employment and Business (PDF Document, 0.77 Mb)
- Chapter 6 ~ Rural Land and Economy (PDF Document, 0.43 Mb)
- Chapter 7 ~ Transport and Traffic Management (PDF Document, 0.58 Mb)
- Chapter 8 ~ Central Areas and Shopping (PDF Document, 0.45 Mb)
- Chapter 9 ~ Recreation and Tourism (PDF Document, 0.31 Mb)
- Chapter 10 ~ Community Facilities (PDF Document, 0.16 Mb)
- Vehicle Parking Standards for New Developments (PDF Document, 0.23 Mb)
- Glossary (PDF Document, 0.26 Mb)
- Proposals Map
Last updated: Tue 15th January, 2019 @ 15:23