We are looking to upgrade the Allendale Road and Highland Drive green space as part of a programme to improve facilities in the area. A consultation was held to give residents an opportunity to offer their feedback on the proposed improvements.
Why is investment needed?
Allendale Road green space has great potential to provide park facilities for a growing local community. There is an identified shortage of facilities in the area, particularly for older children.
What might be provided?
A summary of what the improvements may include can be found below. These are only suggestions and may not all be delivered.
- A circular path with seats will make the space useable even in wet weather and will encourage a wider range of users including walkers, runners, cyclists and those on mobility scooters.
- Space within the path loop could accommodate football and bmx users.
- Play facilities including a basket swing and an embankment slide
- Additional seating could appeal to families.
- Small skate area if popular
- Pollinator corridor along the Allendale Road boundary
A downloadable version of the plan can be found below:
- Allendale concept for consultation (PDF Document, 0.17 Mb)
Who has designed the concept plan?
The Council has devised the concept plan following discussions at pubic meetings with residents, the Shelthorpe Community and Haddon Way Residents Associations. Local young people and councillors have also provided suggestions to help identify needs of the community.
How is this being funded?
Initial funding for the improvements is available through Section 106 agreements and we are also working on a funding application with the British Cycling Association for some elements of the plan. We will also need to consider applying for additional funding or sponsorship to be able to deliver all of the elements of the plan.
How do I complete the consultation?
This consultation closed on October 28, 2020.
Last updated: Mon 2nd November, 2020 @ 10:05