Anyone aged over 16 years can apply to join the council's Housing Register and use Charnwood HomeSearch to rent a council or Housing Association home in Charnwood.
How to apply
- Complete and return the Choice Based Lettings (CBL) Housing Application Form (PDF Document, 1.2 Mb)
- If you have medical or mobility requirements, please also complete and return a Medical & Mobility Form (PDF Document, 0.17 Mb)
- Request an application form by calling 01509 63 4567
Please remember to send all supporting documents (details provided on the form) with your application form - this will help to prevent delays in processing your application.
What happens after I apply for a council home?
We will assess your housing circumstances and place your application in one of four bands. More information about the bands can be found in our:
- Final - Homeseekers Guide (Apr 14) (PDF Document, 0.75 Mb)
- Choice Based Lettings (CBL) Allocations Policy (PDF Document, 0.4 Mb)
- Affordability Assessment (2015) (PDF Document, 0.37 Mb)
We will write and tell you whether you have been accepted onto the Housing Register. Homeseekers who have been accepted onto the Housing Register will also receive:
- A housing application number
- The band that your housing application has been placed in
- A 'logon' reference number
Once you have your logon details, you can visit Charnwood HomeSearch to 'bid' online for up to 2 properties in Charnwood every week - from midnight on Thursday to midnight on Tuesday. You can also view available properties throughout the Leicestershire Choice Based Lettings (CBL) region.
If you have any queries about your application, contact the Housing Needs Team on 01509 63 4567 for further assistance.
What should I do if my circumstances change?
Your application may be affected if there is a change in your circumstances, for example, you have become pregnant or would like to add another person to your household. Tell us about any changes to your circumstances by completing and returning the form below. Or request a Change of Circumstances form by calling 01509 63 4567.
Change of Circumstance Form (Cbl) (PDF Document, 0.1 Mb)
What should I do if I move home?
Your application may be affected if you have moved home. Please tell us if you have moved by completing and returning the form below. Or request a Change of Address form by calling 01509 63 4567.
Change of Address Form (Cbl) (Word Document, 0.24 Mb)
Last updated: Mon 11th May, 2015 @ 12:11