Skip to content

Apply for a council home

Anyone aged over 16 years can apply to join the council's Housing Register, to rent a council or Housing Association home in Charnwood. 

How to apply

Complete and return the Choice Based Lettings (CBL) Housing Application Form (PDF Document, 1.2 Mb) or request an application form by calling 01509 634567.       

If you have medical or mobility requirements complete and return a Medical & Mobility Form (PDF Document, 0.17 Mb).

If you have any queries about your application, contact the Housing Needs Team on 01509 634567 for further assistance.

What happens after I apply for a council home? 

Homeseekers who have been accepted onto the Housing Register will also receive a log-on reference number, which they can then use to 'bid' online for up to 2 properties in Charnwood every week on the Charnwood HomeSearch website.

You can also view available properties throughout the Leicestershire Choice Based Lettings (CBL) region. 

What should I do if my circumstances change? 

Your application may be affected if there is a change in your circumstances, for example, you have become pregnant or would like to add another person to your household. 

Tell us about any changes to your circumstances by completing and returning the Change of Circumstance Form (Cbl) (PDF Document, 0.1 Mb) or request a Change of Circumstances form by calling 01509 634567.

Your application may be affected if you have moved home. Please tell us if you have moved by completing and returning the Change of Address Form (Cbl) (Word Document, 0.24 Mb) or request a Change of Address form by calling 01509 634567.

Share this page:

Last updated:

Back to top