About Charnwood Homesearch and Choice Based Lettings (CBL)
Charnwood HomeSearch is a partnership between Charnwood Borough Council, 6 district councils in Leicestershire and the Housing Associations that operate throughout the borough. This partnership now uses a scheme called Choice Based Lettings (CBL) to allocate council homes and some Housing Association properties.
CBL is a new approach to letting social housing which makes lettings arrangements more transparent by advertising the council or Housing Association properties that become available. Homeseekers will be able to see how many council or Housing Association homes become available and will have more control over the lettings process as they can ‘bid’ for the properties they are interested in. CBL does not increase the amount of available social housing but it provides homeseekers with accurate information about how many homes are actually available, where these homes are located, and their chances of being housed. More information about CBL can be found by clicking the links below:
- The Choice Based Lettings - Homeseekers Guide (PDF Document, 0.72 Mb) provides more details about the CBL scheme and how it works.
- Cbl Faqs (5 Feb 13) (PDF Document, 0.45 Mb) answers your frequently asked questions.
- The CBL Bidding Calendar 2014 (Jan Mar) (PDF Document, 0.17 Mb) provides dates when homeseekers can bid for properties.
Once you have registered with one of the councils in the scheme, you will be able to use your registration number (login number) to bid every 2 weeks for up to 3 properties that interest you.
Apply for Housing
Anyone aged over 16 years can apply to be on the council's Housing Register to rent a council or Housing Association home in Charnwood. To apply for housing, you should complete:
- A CBL Housing Application Form (Jan 14) (PDF Document, 0.39 Mb)
- If aprropriate, a CBL Medical and Mobility Form (PDF Document, 0.13 Mb) Y
Your completed application form should be returned to the council with any supporting documents. When you are accepted onto the Housing Register we will write and tell you:
- Your housing application number
- The band that your housing application has been placed in
- Your "logon" reference number for the Choice Based Lettings system
Once you have your logon details, visit Charnwood HomeSearch to 'bid' for available properties in Charnwood online
When assessing an application, we will look at your housing circumstances and assess these against our four housing needs bands, a summary of the bands can be found in our Charnwood Homesearch Bands (PDF Document, 0.15 Mb). Full and comprehensive details can be found in our CBL Allocations Policy - December 2010 (PDF Document, 0.44 Mb).
As the number and type of council property varies from town to town, waiting times do differ. If you have any queries about your areas of choice or the type of property you would like to be offered, please contact the Housing Needs Team on 01509 63 4567 for further assistance.
Please keep us informed of any changes in your circumstances, for example a change of address, as this may effect your application. Forms for this purpose and other documents related to housing applications are available to download and complete below.
- CBL Allocations Policy - December 2010 (PDF Document, 0.44 Mb)
- Choice Based Lettings - Homeseekers Guide (PDF Document, 0.72 Mb)
- Cbl Summary Leaflet (PDF Document, 20.55 Mb)
- Charnwood Homesearch Bands (PDF Document, 0.15 Mb)
- Final Cbl Housing App Form (19/06/2013) (PDF Document, 1.67 Mb)
- Change of Address Form (Cbl) (Word Document, 0.24 Mb)
- Change of Address Form (Cbl) (PDF Document, 0.1 Mb)
- Change of Circumstance Form (Cbl) (PDF Document, 0.1 Mb)
- Change of Circumstances Form (Cbl) (Word Document, 0.24 Mb)
- Medical and Mobility Form (PDF Document, 0.13 Mb)
- Cbl Bidding Calendar 2013 (PDF Document, 0.1 Mb)
- Cbl Faqs (5 Feb 13) (PDF Document, 0.45 Mb)
- CBL Housing Application Form (PDF Document, 0.39 Mb)
Last updated: Thu 6th March, 2014 @ 10:45