Skip to Content

Advice for children and young people

Below is a list of agencies aimed at children and young people, offering advice on housing and accommodation, employment and training and other personal issues.

Charnwood Independent Youth Action

Park Road House, 37 Park Road, Loughborough LE11 2ED

Tel: 01509 232656

Provides support and accommodation for 16 to 25 year olds.


Tel: 0800 11 11


Young people and children can talk to ChildLine about anything. Examples are:

  • problems at school and bullying
  • sex and relationships
  • home and family
  • anxiety, mental health and self harm
  • anything else 

Loughborough Foyer

The Office, William Lyon Court, Limehurst Avenue Loughborough, LE11 1PA

Tel:  01509 216900

Tel - General enquiries:  0345 650 1202

SMaRT 24 hour helpline:  0345 650 5599


Loughborough Foyer is a supported housing project for 18 to 25 year olds who are homeless and suffering from problems linked to homelessness, e.g. emotional or welfare needs.


7 Fennel Street, Loughborough LE11 1UQ

Tel: 01509 214002


Provides free information, advice and guidance on education, training and employment opportunities.

The service is available to young people aged 16 to 19 who are not in education, employment or training, and aged up to 25 for those with a learning disability. 

Single Access Point

The Bridge, 38 Leicester Road, Loughborough LE11 2AG

Tel:  01509 260 500


The Single Access Point is for all 16 or 17 year olds who feel that they will have to leave home soon, have left home already, or simply want to know what housing options are available. 

Talk 2 Sort

The Bridge, 38 Leicester Road, Loughborough LE11 2AG

Tel:  01509 260 500


A mediation service that works with 14 to 19 year olds to resolve issues at home and with their families, e.g. relationships, untidy bedrooms, chores, or loud music.

Social Services

Leicestershire County Council is responsible for Social Services across Charnwood. Full details of services and support it provides for children and young people, support at home, adults and older people, carers and disabled people can be found at:

Share this page:

Last updated: