We are dedicated to creating a cleaner, greener place to live, work and play for our residents.
We carry out a number of services to keep the borough clean, including:
- Collecting recycling and refuse bins
- Dealing with abandoned vehicles
- Street cleaning
Environmental Services contract
Serco are the contractor used by us to carry out refuse and recycling collections and street cleaning.
For more information about our waste collections services visit the Recycling and Waste web page.
If you find a needle or syringe on council owned land, please contact Environmental Services and we will arrange to have it collected by Serco.
Needles or syringes found on private land can be removed by our contractor but this will be subject to a payment. For more information on the collection of syringes, needles or other sharp instruments see our clinical waste page.
Cleaning of A6 and A46
The A6 and A46 is next scheduled to be cleaned between March 26, 2022 and April 20, 2022.
Work being carried out is subject to weather conditions.
A rolling lane closure will be in place while cleaning is carried out and may cause delays.
Weekend cleaning from March 26, 2022
- A46 Western Bypass (Syston to Birstall border, onto Anstey to A50 Border)
- A46 Newark Bypass centres (Hobby Horse to Willoughby)
Please note central reservations on the bypass will be done first – slip roads and lane one will be done separately.
Weekday cleaning from March 29, 2022
- A6 Loughborough to Birstall
- A6 Loughborough Road, Quorn – Leicester Road, Loughborough
- A6 Derby Road, Hathern
- A607 Syston to Thurmaston, Leicester
- A5630 Anstey Lane, Anstey towards Beaumont Leys
- A50 (border to border)
Last updated: Wed 12th January, 2022 @ 08:50