Skip to Content

Complaints and appeals

On Sunday September 20 between 4.30-6.30am customers may experience online payment disruptions due to essential maintenance taking place. We apologise for any inconvenience caused.

Our Customer Service Centre on Southfield Road is now open for essential enquiries by appointment only. Please be aware that it is mandatory for face coverings to be worn on the premises. More information, including how to make an appointment, can be found in this news story.

Complaints concerning Council Tax should be directed to the Revenues Manager who will investigate the complaint and notify you on what action will be taken in response.

If a complaint is rejected as being unfounded or unreasonable, you may wish to take your complaint to either the Local Government Ombudsman or the Valuation Tribunal.

Local Government Ombudsman

The Ombudsman is responsible for investigating Council Tax complaints made against us relating to administration, billing and collection, and will determine whether we have acted incorrectly or unreasonably.  Follow the link for more information on how to complaint to the Local Government Ombudsman.

Valuation Tribunal

The Valuation Tribunal is an independent body set up to consider appeals on such issues as who is liable to pay Council Tax and whether discount or exemption should be granted.

The Tribunal is also responsible for considering appeals on the valuation (banding) of properties although this is a task carried out by the Valuation Officer and not us.

Follow the link for more information relating to the appeals process for the Valuation Tribunal.

Share this page:

Last updated: