The easiest way to pay your Council Tax is by direct debit you can use our online form.
Alternatively you can download, print and return the Direct Debit instruction form below to: Council Tax Department, Charnwood Borough Council, PO Box 184, Erith, DA8 9EU.
If you need to discuss your direct debit telephone 0345 6091258.
- Council Tax Direct Debit Instruction (Word Document, 0.1 Mb)
- Council Tax Exemption Form - General Exemption (Word Document, 0.1 Mb)
- Council Tax Exemption Form - General Exemption (PDF) (PDF Document, 0.23 Mb)
- Council Tax Disabled Reduction Form (Word Document, 0.1 Mb)
- Council Tax Disabled Reduction Form (PDF) (PDF Document, 0.29 Mb)
- Apply for a single person discount
- Remove a single person discount
- Apply for a student discount or exemption
- Apply for apprentices discount
- Apply for youth training trainee discount
- Apply for member of visiting forces, international organisations and diplomatic discount
- Apply for a discount for patients in care homes/hospitals
- Apply for carers discount
- Apply for care worker discount
- Apply for child benefit discount (Form currently under maintenance)
- Apply for prisoners discount or exemption
- Apply for members of a religious communities discount
- Apply for self-contained annexes exemption
- Apply for self-contained annexes discount
- Apply for vacant property in need of repairs or structural alterations discount (Class D discount)
Reporting a death
Use the Tell us once service to report a death online to our Council Tax services and other government organisations all at once.
Selling or buying a property
If you have sold a property that you do not reside in, please complete the form below:
- Council Tax Liability - Change of Ownership (Vendor) (Word Document, 0.21 Mb)
If you have bought a property that you will not be residing in, please complete the form below:-
- Council Tax Liability - Change of Ownership (Purchaser) (Word Document, 0.52 Mb)
Last updated: Wed 15th April, 2020 @ 11:43