For 2018/19 we have raised our element of the council tax bill by 4.46 per cent. For a Band D property that means it has gone up £5 a year to £117.09 (from Arpil 1, 2018).
Your bill will also reflect increases by Leicestershire Police, Leicestershire County Council and the Fire Authority.
The annual council tax bills only have the capacity to display to one decimal place so increases will be rounded up, for example an increase of 1.99 will be rounded up to two per cent.
Details of all council tax bands in Charnwood are provided in the document below. Details of council tax banding for a specific property in Charnwood can be found by doing a search by address in our property search My Charnwood.
What does my council tax pay for?
Council Tax pays for a range of services provided by the organisations listed below. Financial details for each are available by clicking on the links. Full details of the services provided are shown on the individual web sites.
- Leicestershire County Council
- Office of the Police and Crime Commissioner for Leicestershire
- Combined Fire Authority
- 2018-19 Council Tax Analysis (PDF Document, 0.1 Mb)
- Parish Precepts 2018-19 (PDF Document, 0.18 Mb)
In basic terms the amount of council tax payable in respect of a property is calculated as follows:
- The total cost of providing the required local services is calculated
- This figure is then divided by the number of properties in the borough
- The result is adjusted to take account of the different council tax bands in which properties are placed
The actual calculation is obviously much more complex than this example. If you want more information on Council Tax calculations please contact the Council Tax office.
- Understanding Your Council Tax Banding (PDF Document, 0.34 Mb)
Last updated: Thu 10th January, 2019 @ 15:56