We are committed to providing excellent customer service and have listed below a summary of our service standards, so that you know you to expect from us.
Housing Income Service Standards
- provide a choice of payment methods which include direct debits, swipe cards, telephone payments, internet payments and standing orders;
- provide a replacement swipe card for payments within 15 working days;
- provide quarterly rent statements which are easy to understand, include all transactions and a breakdown of charges to your account;
- show any court costs separately on your account rather than including them in your rent arears;
- provide financial inclusion advice to help you maximise your income and reduce your rent arrears;
- sign-post you to more in depth financial and debt advice where needed;
- give you four weeks’ notice of any changes to your rent or service charges;
- allow you to make an agreement with us to pay any arrears by instalments and not take any further action provided you keep to this;
- visit you at home to discuss your rent if you are unable to come to our offices;
- provide confidential and private interview rooms in our offices so that you can discuss your rent in private
Tenancy and Estate Management Service Standards
- inspect communal areas of flats and sheltered schemes once a month;
- visit all new tenants within four weeks of their moving in to provide advice, information and answer any queries;
- give you a decision on a mutual exchanged application within 42 days;
- identify any support needs for vulnerable new tenants before or at the point of moving in, sign-posting to external support services or providing direct in-house support by the tenancy support team;
- provide dedicated tenancy support to existing vulnerable tenants to help them keep their tenancy;
- produce a tenancy support plan for all sheltered tenants and review this every six months;
- provide sheltered tenants with access to an emergency alarm system and on call warden;
- provide you with three free bulky waste collections per year;
- provide you with the opportunity to take-up home contents insurance.
Repairs Service Standards
- Emergency repairs – we will complete the repair within 24 hours.
- Urgent repairs – we will complete the repair within 5 working days.
- Routine repairs – we will complete the repair within 28 working days.
- Planned work (fences, paths, plastering etc.) – we will complete within 90 days.
- Our staff will always wear photo identification.
- We will protect your belongings from damage, dust and paint.
- When doing repairs, we will clear rubbish from your home at the end of each working day.
- When doing repairs, we will make sure that you have electricity, water and gas connected at the end of each day.
- We will make sure that we keep you informed of progress.
- We will provide adaptations to your home to address disability needs.
- We will fit a smoke detector to your home.
- We will service your gas boiler annually.
- If we are replacing your kitchen or bathroom we will give you a choice of finishes and tiling to choose from.
Anti-Social Behaviour Service Standards
- aim to reduce the numbers of people who believe anti -social behaviour to be of a high level in Charnwood;
- provide regular updates to communities about actions taken to tackle anti-social behaviour and in particular, where appropriate, we will publicise, where permitted, enforcement;
- provide residents with a swift and simple means of complaining, directly to the Community Safety Partnership via the Community Trigger, if effective action is not taken by local agencies through existing channels;
- provide comprehensive support and help for victims and witnesses of anti-social behaviour, having particular regard for those identified as being vulnerable;
- take complaints of anti-social behaviour seriously; risk assessing each reported incident and responding in agreed timescales (all serious incidents of anti-social behaviour, domestic abuse and hate crimes being responded to within 1 working day), recording and investigating all complaints, providing regular updates to all involved parties;
- respond to all other complaints of anti-social behavior within a maximum of 5 working days, advising the complainant of who their main contact is;
- agree an action plan with complainants of anti-social behavior;
- ensure effective links with neighbourhood policing and other local partners to deal swiftly with anti-social behaviour problems;
- ensure that the support needs of those who perpetrate anti-social behaviour are addressed and that they are afforded adequate opportunity to moderate their behaviour, leading to the best possible outcomes for all.
Customer Service Standards
- reply to letters and e-mails within 10 workings days;
- ensure that the information you provide is treated confidentially;
- respect all customers and always be polite, helpful and professional;
- respond to stage 1 complaints within 10 working days;
- respond to stage 2 complaints within 20 working days;
- provide documents in other formats, including audio and braille if needed;
- provide interpretation and information in other languages where needed.
Customer Engagement Service Standards
- provide and develop a range of ways for tenants and leaseholders to become involved including the use of focus groups, tenant/officer working groups;
- consult tenants before making substantial changes to the service they receive;
- seek feedback on services we provide, for example, repairs, decent homes works, and anti-social behaviour;
- reimburse tenants and leaseholders for reasonable expenses occurred when attending meeting and involvement events;
- provide training for tenants and leaseholders to enable them to become more involved in influencing the services they receive;
- attend Tenant/Residents Association meetings when requested;
- ensure that information is made available to tenants and leaseholders on the range of services offered so that customers know what to expect;
- provide the quarterly newsletter “Your Homes Matter” with information and advice;
- provide setting up grants to groups wanting to set up a residents’ association;
- provide annual running costs grant to residents associations;
- provide a one-off payment of £250 to support community events or up to £400 annually for an on-going project;
- facilitate and support the Charnwood Housing Residents Forum at its monthly meetings, producing minutes and agendas and attending meetings;
- facilitate and support the Leaseholders Forum, producing minutes, agendas and attending meetings;
- carry out an annual satisfaction and feedback survey of leaseholders;
- carry out a three year satisfaction and feedback survey of tenants;
- measure satisfaction for key service areas monthly.
Last updated: Tue 17th July, 2018 @ 12:27