The Planning Service prepares our overall planning policies for development in the borough. Future planning applications are then decided based on these policies.
You can find out where new homes and industry will be built under the Local Plan, view details on all current and historic planning applications within the borough, and send us your comments on current planning applications.
Go to our Planning homepage for more information about Planning, Development Management, Building Control and our other service areas.
Use our interactive map system to search for information spatially.
- Building regulations consent Information about the current requirements for the design of buildings through national standards known as Building Regulations
- Design in the built environment Urban Design, Village Design Statements, Charnwood Design Awards
- Houses in Multiple Occupation (HMO's) Information about planning controls on houses occupied by three or more unrelated people
- Natural & built environment: Conservation and enhancement of the Borough's landscape character, listed buildings, Tree preservation, Wildlife and biodiversity
- List of Local Plan policies. Documents on this web site published before September 21, 2007, may refer to the Local Plan Policies which are now not relevant and need to be cross referenced with the Secretary of State direction of that date
- Loughborough Town Centre masterplan The purpose of the Masterplan is to secure a successful future for the Town Centre by developing its strengths and addressing its weaknesses
- National & regional planning policy & guidance Information and documents relating to regional & national planning policy
- Local planning application requirements Local authorities across Leicestershire & Rutland have adopted a Local List of Planning Application Requirements
- Public footpaths Public footpath and bridleway diversion and stopping up orders under the Town and Country Planning Act.
- Rural economy planning toolkit online toolkit, to give people a helping hand in negotiating the planning system and ensuring that any applications are of the highest quality. It also acts as a checklist for rural economic development planning applications.
- Guide to the Planning and Regeneration Service in Charnwood (PDF Document, 23.83 Mb)
Last updated: Wed 20th July, 2016 @ 09:42