Skip to Content

Energy Performance Certificates (EPCs)

Due to essential maintenance being carried out by Pay360, customers may experience online payment disruptions on Sunday July 5 between 4:30-6:30am and Tuesday July 7 between 6-7am. We apologise for any inconvenience caused.

Residents in Leicester and its outlying areas, including Birstall, Thurmaston and Wanlip in Charnwood, are to be asked to continue to follow stricter lockdown restrictions for at least two weeks, and non-essential shops will be closed. More information - including frequently asked questions and a postcode checker - can be found at

An energy performance certificate (EPC) must be provided whenever a property is constructed, rented out or sold.

The EPC shows the energy efficiency rating (relating to running costs) of a dwelling.

Charnwood Borough Council now offer the service of providing Energy Performance Certificates in respect of both new and existing dwellings using respectively SAP or RdSAP methodology.

How to apply

In order to apply for this service you will need to complete the appropriate form below and submit it to the address provided on the form. Charges for this service are outlined in the forms.

New dwellings:

Existing dwellings:

For more information on energy performance certificates

Share this page:

Last updated: