A general election has been called for June 8, 2017.
Notice of election
- Notice of election for Loughborough constituency (PDF Document, 0.42 Mb)
- Statement of persons nominated - Loughborough (PDF Document, 0.1 Mb)
- Notice of Election Agents - Loughborough, 2017 (PDF Document, 0.1 Mb)
- Polling stations in Loughborough
- General Election 2017 declaration of results - Loughborough (PDF Document, 0.1 Mb)
- Notice of election for Charnwood constituency (PDF Document, 0.42 Mb)
- Statement of persons nominated - Charnwood (PDF Document, 0.1 Mb)
- Notice of Election Agents - Charnwood, 2017 (PDF Document, 0.1 Mb)
- Polling stations in Charnwood
- General Election 2017 declaration of results - Charnwood (PDF Document, 0.1 Mb)
We are responsible for organising the elections for the Loughborough and Charnwood constituencies.
Below is some handy information regarding voting on June 8 and a briefing for candidates and agents is being held on Thursday April 27, 2017.
- The deadline to register to vote is Monday May 22. Anyone who is not yet registered to vote should apply now at www.gov.uk/registertovote. Anyone who has registered to vote at the local elections in May does not need to re-register in order to take part in the 2017 General Election
- If you’ve moved house recently you should visit www.gov.uk/registertovote to update your details
- The deadline to apply for a postal vote is 5pm, Tuesday May 23. Requesting a postal vote
- The deadline to apply for a proxy vote, where a voter nominates a trusted person to cast a vote on their behalf, is 5pm, Wednesday May 31. Requesting a proxy vote
- Polling cards will be sent out for the General Election around four weeks before June 8.
- If you do not receive a polling card or need to check if you are on the electoral register please contact the Elections Team via email email@example.com or call 01509 634546. Please note, the team will be very busy in the next few weeks. Some of the information you require may be on the Your Vote Matters website
- On polling day, Thursday June 8, polling stations will be open from 7am to 10pm. A list of polling stations will be available closer to the election date
- You can only vote at the polling station on your polling card
- If you’re a postal voter you can hand in your postal voting pack at any polling station in the Borough on the election day if you’ve not already posted it by then
Further information about voting at this election is available at www.yourvotematters.co.uk
The Open Register is a version of the Electoral Register which can be purchased by the general public. To opt out of the Open Register, please use the details below:
- Opt out of the Open Register Online
- Tel: 01509 634546
Opting out of this version of the register will not affect you right to vote. More information about the Electoral Register can be found at: https://www.charnwood.gov.uk/pages/electoralregister.
Last updated: Tue 18th July, 2017 @ 10:51