We are responsible for grounds maintenance such as grass cutting, shrub and tree pruning, control of weeds in shrubberies, leaf clearance and hedge cutting on land we own or manage.
- Cut the grass to ensure that grass is no longer than 1½ inches for fine turf areas (e.g. bowling greens and cricket squares), 2½ inches for amenity areas (e.g. adjacent to flower beds) and 3½ inches for open spaces and recreation grounds etc.
- Ensure that grassed areas are cut evenly including around obstacles and that paths and surrounds are free of clippings
- Maintain edges to beds to provide a neat, tidy and aesthetically pleasing perimeter
- Prune shrubs as required and annually for certain species
- Carry out a rolling programme of tree inspections by independent experts and in the case of unsafe trees undertake remedial actions within the recommended timescale. Other works will be organised in line with the priorities identified by the inspectors and re-inspection dates will be set for all trees dependent on their age, condition, location and species.
|When you||We will||Within (timescale)|
Report a dangerous tree owned by Charnwood Borough Council
Assess the danger and programme any necessary action
One working day of receiving the report
We will strive to ensure our customers are satisfied with the services we provide.
|Provide a prompt service||Satisfaction rating where customers rate us positively against this standard|
|Ensure staff are fully trained and knowledgeable about our services||Satisfaction rating where customers rate us positively against this standard|
|Provide a friendly and efficient service to all customers||Satisfaction rating where customers rate us positively against this standard|
|Provide useful and relevant information where appropriate||Satisfaction rating where customers rate us positively against this standard|
|Where possible and appropriate resolve the problem to your satisfaction||Satisfaction rating where customers rate us positively against this standard|
Last updated: Thu 20th October, 2022 @ 10:08