The Growth Support grant scheme is open to town and parish councils, properly constituted community organisations, non-profit making organisations, charities, educational establishments and enterprises and community interest companies.
Normally no more than one award to any individual organisation will be approved in any financial year. Please read our guidance notes and criteria document before completeing an application form:
- Growth Support Fund - Guidance Notes and Criteria (Word Document, 0.16 Mb)
These grants are entirely discretionary and the overall level of funding will be determined by our Cabinet, through the annual budget process. Eligible schemes may be supported by up to 50% of the overall project costs subject to available resources.
Core features of the grant
The grant will support local initiatives that will help deliver our strategic aims for physical and economic growth set out in the Corporate Plan and Regeneration Strategy. Suitable projects are likely to include:
- workforce development initiatives supporting apprenticeships
- investment in infrastructure to support job creation and deliver improved accessibility
- support for Community Right to Build initiatives related to the delivery of affordable homes, shops and business premises
- business networking, training and development schemes
- advertising and marketing campaigns and promotions
Making an application
Cabinet will determine the allocation of grants which will be considered in rounds, details of which are set out below:
Round 1 deadline 24 August 2017: Decision date October 19, 2017
Round 2 deadline 18 January 2018: Decision date March 15, 2018
Applicants are advised to submit applications as early as possible, to ensure there is enough time to request further information if needed before applications are assessed.
If applications are submitted shortly before or on the deadline, we cannot guarantee that they will be checked before being assessed. If you need any additional information or need advice and assistance you can contact us on:
Last updated: Tue 20th June, 2017 @ 13:05