You will need to provide supporting documents for your Housing Register Application.
The Council will not be able to assess your application if you do not provide the necessary documents.
You will need to upload documents onto your online application. These can be original electronic versions of documents, scanned electronic copies of original documents or photographs of original documents taken with a smartphone or digital camera. Please note that any photographs uploaded will need to show a clear image of the whole original document.
To add a document to your online application, you will need to log into your account and click on the “My Documents” button. You will need to add a title for the document, confirm the name of the person the document relates to, select a “classification” for the document and add a description for the document. You will then need to click on the “Browse” button to find the document on your computer or smartphone. Once you have found and selected the correct document, click on the “Upload” button to add the document.
All applicants will need to provide the following documents:
- Proof of ID for all adults listed on the application – for example Photo Driving Licence, Passport, Worker Registration card. If you do not have any photo ID a Birth Certificate or Adoption Certificate will be accepted. These documents need to show date of birth.
- Proof of ID for all children listed on the application – for example Passport, Birth Certificate or Adoption Certificate. These documents need to show date of birth.
- Proof of Address for all adults listed on the application – for example an official letter such as a Utility Bill (gas, electric, water etc.), Council Tax Bill, Benefit Award Letter or Bank Statement that has been sent to the address. The documents provided need to show name and address and must be dated within the last 3 months.
You will need to provide the following documents if they apply to your circumstances:
- Proof of all Income / Benefits / Pensions received by you or your partner (or any joint applicant who is not your partner) – for example wage slips for the last 2 full months if you are employed, accounts or tax returns for the last year if you are self-employed, letters from the DWP or HMRC for any benefits received. If you do not have documents for all of your income, bank statements that show your income will be accepted.
- Bank Statements for ALL accounts held by you or your partner (or any joint applicant who is not your partner) – statements for the last 2 full months for all bank accounts, post office accounts, savings accounts etc. These statements need to show name and address and must be dated within the last 3 months.
- Proof of any Savings and/or Investments – for example statements for ISA’s, Bonds, Annuities etc.
- Proof of Child Benefit and/or Child Tax Credits received for any children listed on the application – for example award letters from the DWP or HMRC.
- If you are a parent with Shared Custody or Shared Access to child(ren), you must provide proof of the custody or access arrangements. This could be a signed letter from the parent or guardian who the child(ren) live with most of the time that confirms how many nights per week the child(ren) stay with you or a copy of a Court Order that details the arrangements or a letter from a Social Worker that details the arrangements.
- Proof of Pregnancy for any pregnant persons listed on the application – for example a copy of an NHS Maternity Certificate that confirms the expected due date for the baby.
- Tenancy Agreements for any tenancies held by you or your partner (or by any joint applicant who is not your partner) - these need to be signed and show the address of the property and the name(s) of the tenant(s).
- Proof of Rent Account Balance for any tenancies currently held by you or your partner (or by any joint applicant who is not your partner) – for example a rent account statement or a letter from your landlord showing your rent account balance.
- Proof of any Housing Related Debts owed by you or (any joint applicant) and details of any repayment plans – for example an arrears statement or a letter from a previous landlord showing the arrears balance and any repayments made.
- An Eviction Notice or Notice to Quit if your landlord is asking you to leave.
- Proof of Property Ownership if you are a homeowner – for example a copy of a land registry entry or mortgage statement.
- Proof of a Local Connection to Charnwood – for example your employment contract or an official document (such as a copy of a Utility Bill) for a relative who has lived within Charnwood for at least five years.
- Proof of Immigration Status if you are not a British or UK national – for example a letter from the Immigration Directorate, Passport, Visa, residence permit.
- Proof of any Medical or Mobility issues – If anyone in your household has medical problems that are affected by your accommodation you will need to provide proof of the health conditions and how these are affected by the accommodation, for example an Occupational Therapist report or a supporting letter from a GP, Mental Health support worker or other health professional.
- Other information that you feel may support your application - for example letters from Support Workers, Social Workers, Probation Workers or other professionals or photographs of disrepair issues in your current accommodation.
Please Note: You may be asked to provide additional supporting documents or proofs depending on your circumstances so that your application can be assessed.
Last updated: Thu 26th January, 2023 @ 15:15