The Covid-19 pandemic has had a significant impact on businesses across borough of Charnwood.
As a result, the Government has now provided additional funding under the Additional Restrictions Grant scheme.
Charnwood Borough Council has developed a new scheme to support those business that have been significantly impacted and have been unable to access funds under the Local Restrictions Support Grant schemes.
Who is eligible
- Travel agents and Tour Operators.
- Nightclubs and other businesses that remain legally mandated to close since March 23, 2020.
- Restaurants and public houses.
- Small and micro suppliers to the retail, leisure, hospitality, events, and accommodation sectors, which usually derive at least 40% of their revenues from these sectors.
- Mobile or home based businesses which do not have a business rates account, whose trading was significantly impacted as a result of the previous restrictions
- Shared space occupiers within the personal care sector, for example; hair dressers, beauty, tattooist’s etc
- A fall of at least 25% of the income due to the Covid-19 crisis (please provide evidence in the form of summary of income for January to March 2020 and January to March 2021 with banks statements covering the same periods)
- Ongoing fixed business related costs such as utility bills, business insurance, rent, etc. to evidence please provide relevant copies/photos of certificate, bills, etc. or highlight on bank statements
For small and micro-suppliers to the retail, leisure, hospitality, events and accommodation sectors, which have a business rates account (and those in a shared space where the business rates forms part of the tenancy agreement charges), and which usually derive at least 40% of their revenues from these sectors:
Eligible businesses will receive:
- £10,000 for businesses with a rateable value of £15,000 or under. This also includes businesses in shared spaces, where the business is not the direct ratepayer.
- £15,000 for businesses with a rateable value between £15,001 and £50,999
- £20,000 for businesses with a rateable value of over £51,000 and above.
Mobile/home based businesses which do not have a business rates account, that were forced to stop trading under the previous restrictions:
- A fixed grant of £2,000 per eligible applicant is available
For eligible Travel Agents, Tour Operator, Restaurants and Public Houses which have a business rates account.
- A fixed grant of £2,500
For nightclubs and other businesses that remain legally mandated to close since March 23, 2020.
- A fixed grant of £5,000 is available
How do I apply
Applications closed on Friday July 23, 2021.
Grants will be awarded on a first come first served basis based on the date of receipt of a fully completed and eligible application until the available funding is committed. Incomplete applications will not be considered as received until all of the supporting information has been provided.
If you have already received a payment under this scheme you will not be able to make any further claims at this time.
Please complete the application noting carefully all of the information that is required to be submitted with the application or emailed to DGF@charnwood.gov.uk immediately after the application has been submitted.
There is no right to appeal, and the decision of the Council is final.
Last updated: Mon 26th July, 2021 @ 11:49