We are in the process of preparing a new Local Plan for the borough for the period up to 2036.
The new Local Plan will include strategic and detailed policies and will be prepared to provide for a longer plan period than the adopted Charnwood Core Strategy which provides the strategy up to 2028.
Towards a Local Plan for Charnwood Consultation
We published a discussion paper, titled ‘Towards a Local Plan for Charnwood’ that explored the scale of development needed in the Borough, the key issues and opportunities that need to be taken into account and considers the options for an overall strategy for delivering the growth needed.
The Statement of Consultation is available to view below:
- Towards a Local Plan for Charnwood Statement of Consultation - June 2018 (PDF Document, 2.85 Mb)
- Towards a Local Plan for Charnwood - Discussion Paper - April 2018 (PDF Document, 3.32 Mb)
- Towards a Local Plan for Charnwood - Appendix C - Housing Sites Promoted or Suggested for Development (PDF Document, 2.1 Mb)
We also invited views on the key evidence that has helped shape the consultation document including:
- Interim Sustainability Appraisal
- Settlement Hierarchy Assesment
- Settlement Limits to Development Assessment
- Green Wedge & Areas of Local Separation Review
We have also published a range of other evidence studies which have informed the Towards a Local Plan for Charnwood discussion paper.
Consultation on the scope of the Local Plan review
We began initial work to prepare a new Local Plan in 2016. The new Local Plan will include strategic and detailed policies and will be prepared to provide for a longer plan period than the adopted Charnwood Core Strategy which provides the strategy up to 2028.
In accordance with Regulation 18 of The Town and Country Planning (Local Planning) (England) 2012, the borough council undertook a consultation in the summer of 2016 to understand and engage with interested parties on the future for Charnwood, the scope of the plan and what it should contain. The results of this consultation are available in the Statement of Consultation and Appendix below.
Last updated: Thu 13th September, 2018 @ 11:36