Applications for this grant closed on May 31, 2021. No more applications can be accepted after this date.
The Local Restrictions Support Grant (Closed) Addendum is a scheme to support businesses that have been legally required to close as a result of:
- National Lockdown - February 17, 2021 - March 31, 2021
This scheme will be administered in line with Government requirements.
Who is eligible?
Grants are available for businesses that have a Business Rates account and were legally required to close or continue to close for the period of Tier 4 or national lock down restrictions. These include businesses in the follow sectors:
- Hospitality settings, such as bars (including shisha venues), pubs, cafes and restaurants are closed – they are permitted to continue sales by takeaway, click-and-collect, drive-through or delivery services.
- Accommodation such as hotels, B&Bs, campsites, and guest houses must close. There are several exemptions, such as for those who use these venues as their main residence, and those requiring the venues where it is reasonably necessary for work or education and training
- Indoor entertainment and tourist venues
- Non-essential retail
- Personal care, e.g. hair salons, beauty salons, tattooists etc
- Sports facilities
Who isn’t eligible?
- Those businesses that have not been legally required to close.
- Businesses that are in administration, insolvent or where a striking-off notice has been made, are not eligible for funding under this scheme for the purposes of this grant
- Businesses that have chosen to close but not been required to will not be eligible for this grant.
- Businesses that have already received grant payments that equal the maximum levels of State aid permitted under the de minimis and the Covid-19 Temporary State Aid Framework.
National Lockdown – February 17, 2021 – March 31, 2021
- Businesses occupying premises with a rateable value of exactly £15,000 or under on the date of the commencement of the local restrictions will receive a payment of £2,096 for qualifying restriction period.
- Businesses occupying premises with a rateable value over £15,000 and less than £51,000 on the date of the commencement of the local restrictions will receive a payment of £3,143 for the qualifying restriction period.
- Businesses occupying premises with a rateable value of exactly £51,000 or above on the commencement date of the local restrictions, will receive £4,714 for the qualifying restriction period.
How do I apply?
Where we hold the required information, we will make an automatic payment of the grant. You will be notified by email if you will receive an automatic payment by March 4, 2021.
Applications for grant for the above period closed on May 31, 2021.
Any business that receives a Local Restriction Support Grant (Closed) addendum payment will not need to reapply for future national lockdown periods, automatic payments will be made.
If you are unsure whether to make an application please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to check before completing an application form.
If you believe you are eligible for any grant prior to the February 16, 2021 please email email@example.com with your full business details so that this can be considered. All grants prior to the February 16, 2021 closed on March 31, 2021.
Last updated: Tue 1st June, 2021 @ 08:58