The Local Restrictions Support Grant (Closed) is a scheme to support businesses that have been legally required to close as a result of Local Tier 3 restrictions commencing on December 2, 2020.
This scheme will be administered in line with Government requirements.
Who is eligible?
Grants are available for businesses that have a Business Rates account and were legally required to close on 2 December 2020 under Tier 3 restrictions. These include businesses in the follow sectors:
- Hospitality settings, such as bars (including shisha venues), pubs, cafes and restaurants are closed – they are permitted to continue sales by takeaway, click-and-collect, drive-through or delivery services.
- Accommodation such as hotels, B&Bs, campsites, and guest houses must close. There are several exemptions, such as for those who use these venues as their main residence, and those requiring the venues where it is reasonably necessary for work or education and training
- Indoor entertainment and tourist venues.
Who isn’t eligible?
Those businesses that have not been legally required to close on 2nd December
- Businesses that are in administration, insolvent or where a striking-off notice has been made, are not eligible for funding under this scheme for the purposes of this grant
- Businesses that have chosen to close but not been required to will not be eligible for this grant.
- Businesses that have already received grant payments that equal the maximum levels of State aid permitted under the de minimis and the Covid-19 Temporary State Aid Framework.
- Businesses occupying premises with a rateable value of exactly £15,000 or under on the date of the commencement of the local restrictions will receive a payment of £667 per 14-day qualifying restriction period.
- Businesses occupying premises with a rateable value over £15,000 and less than £51,000 on the date of the commencement of the local restrictions will receive a payment of £1,000 per 14-day qualifying restriction period.
- Businesses occupying premises with a rateable value of exactly £51,000 or above on the commencement date of the local restrictions, will receive £1,500 per 14-day qualifying restriction period.
How do I apply?
Where we hold the required information, we will make an automatic payment of the grant. You will be notified by email by if you will receive an automatic payment. If you have not received an email, please complete our application process.
Any business that receives a Local Restriction Support Grant (Closed) payment period will not need to reapply for future restriction periods, automatic payments will be made. If you are unsure whether to make an application please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to check before completing an application form.
It is your responsibility to tell us if your circumstances change at any point. Any grant amount paid where your business is found not to be eligible will require the amount to be paid back to the Council.
Last updated: Mon 25th January, 2021 @ 14:09