Following government advice, there are a number of criteria that we must ask you to adhere to whilst trading during the Covid-19 pandemic.
Terms and conditions for trading
- If you are operating from a stall or trailer – you must only operate within the specified area that you have been allocated.
- You are solely responsible for the safety of yourself and your staff.
- That you take on full liability for your operations each day and can confirm that you have full PLI (min £5mil) in place.
- Your stall/s must not exceed your allocated pitch size/s to ensure there is plenty of space between each pitch to ensure social distancing.
- Strictly no build outs of any kind, nor advertising boards will be allowed.
- You must not move the council infrastructure.
- There is no longer a legal requirement to wear a face covering. The government suggests that you continue to wear a face covering in crowded and enclosed spaces where you may come into contact with other people you do not normally meet.
- You or your staff do not have symptoms, or must not have tested positive for COVID-19.
- You are responsible for the cleaning down of your stall area at the end of each market.
- The wearing of gloves for handling all foods is mandatory, however the wearing of masks is voluntary.
- You are requested to encourage customers to use contactless payments wherever possible.
- You are requested to ask your customers not to handle your products unnecessarily to avoid potential cross contamination. We would suggest you place a sign on your stall to state this.
Failure to operate to the above terms and conditions may result in you no longer being allowed to trade.
For further information please refer to the following government web page the Government website.
- Retail Market Regulations Loughborough 2021 (PDF Document, 0.36 Mb)
Last updated: Fri 28th January, 2022 @ 12:16