Taxpaying residents who move house within Charnwood usually keep the same Council Tax account number following their move. This makes it easier for them to handle their account.

Taxpayers moving out of the Charnwood area or moving to a property for which they have no Council Tax liability will also be asked to provide a forwarding address. This will let us issue a final Council Tax bill for payment, or to issue a refund if Council Tax has been overpaid.

You have 21 days to let us know of any change of address or other change in circumstances which may affect you paying Council Tax. 

You can contact via email or telephone us on 0345 6091258. You can also reach us by post at: Council Tax, Charnwood Borough Council, Southfield Road, Loughborough, LE11 2TX.

Moving in and out of Charnwood

If you are moving you will need to let us know by logging into manage my Council Tax and benefit online.

If you are moving to or from a property within our area then please select an option below in order to notify us of your change of address details:

Newcomers to the area may also find our property finder very useful as this provides lots of information on a particular address.

Alternatively, you can complete and return the relevant form below. Word versions of these forms can be found on our Council Tax forms page.

Please note: If you are a landlord wanting to inform us of new clients moving in, please contact us via email  or by calling 0345 6091258. You can also reach us by post at: Council Tax, Charnwood Borough Council, Southfield Road, Loughborough, LE11 2TX.

I am a new resident to Charnwood or moving from one property to another within Charnwood

I have bought a property in Charnwood but I will not be living there myself

I have moved out of a property in Charnwood

I have sold a property in Charnwood that I did not live in myself

Someone is moving in with me

Someone is moving out

Last updated: Tue 20th September, 2022 @ 14:42