Taxpaying residents who move house within Charnwood usually keep the same Council Tax account number following their move. This makes it easier for them to handle their account.
Taxpayers moving out of the Charnwood area or moving to a property for which they have no Council Tax liability will also be asked to provide a forwarding address. This will let us issue a final Council Tax bill for payment, or to issue a refund if Council Tax has been overpaid.
You have 21 days to let us know of any change of address or other change in circumstances which may affect you paying Council Tax.
You can contact via email or post, or telephone us on 0345 6091258.
Moving in and out of Charnwood
If you are moving you will need to let us know by logging into manage my Council Tax and benefit online.
Alternatively, you can complete and return the relevant form below. Word versions of these forms can be found on our Council Tax forms page.
I am a new resident to Charnwood or moving from one property to another within Charnwood
- Council Tax Liability - Commencement of Occupation (July 2014) (PDF Document, 0.28 Mb)
I have bought a property in Charnwood but I will not be living there myself
- Council Tax Liability - Change of Ownership (Purchaser) (Word Document, 0.52 Mb)
I have moved out of a property in Charnwood
- Council Tax Liability - End of Occupation Form (2012) (PDF Document, 0.13 Mb)
I have sold a property in Charnwood that I did not live in myself
- Council Tax Liability - Change of Ownership (Vendor) (Word Document, 0.21 Mb)
Someone is moving in with me
- Council Tax Household Joining Form (PDF Document, 0.26 Mb)
Someone is moving out
- Council Tax Household - Leaving Form (2012) (PDF Document, 0.2 Mb)
Newcomers to the area may also find our property finder very useful as this provides lots of information on a particular address.
Last updated: Mon 30th July, 2018 @ 14:14