Following the Government’s most recent advice regarding the coronavirus pandemic, Charnwood Museum will remain closed.
Our primary concern is the health and wellbeing of everyone who lives and works in Charnwood, and everyone who visits.
We apologise for any inconvenience and will keep you updated here and our social media channels.
For the latest information about Council services please visit www.charnwood.gov.uk/coronavirus.
We have adapted some of our activities so that visitors can take part at home, and some that you can take part in at the Museum. You can find them below.
We would love to hear your feedback on our online activities. If you have a spare moment, please complete our quick survey.
Home school with Charnwood Museum
Charnwood Rocks (Part 2)
Charnwood Rocks….. The Sequel! Pick up where our first activity left off and find out more about Charnwood’s Geology.
- Home Schooling - Charnwood Rocks 2 (PDF Document, 0.6 Mb)
What do you know about microscopes? Test your knowledge with our home schooling activity!
- Home Schooling - Marvellous Microscopes! (PDF Document, 0.62 Mb)
Half Term Home School Activity
We know that it is half term but it doesn’t feel like it so we have another home school activity for you all. You might say this is our most difficult home school activity yet!
- Home Schooling - Half Term (PDF Document, 0.4 Mb)
Charnwood Rocks (Part 1)
Charnwood has some of the world’s most interesting geology – find out more with this home school activity.
- Home Schooling - Charnwood Rocks (Part 1) (PDF Document, 0.81 Mb)
Find out about the Auster Aircraft – what makes them special and how they were made:
- Home Schooling - Awesome Austers (PDF Document, 0.63 Mb)
Designers, Creators and Makers
Find out about some of the inventive designers, creators and makers that have called Charnwood home! Then have a go at designing and creating using the examples as inspiration.
- Home Schooling - Designers, Creators and Makers (PDF Document, 0.82 Mb)
The Brilliant Bronze Age
What do you know about the Bronze Age? Read the fact sheet and have a go at answering the questions!
- Home Schooling - Bronze Age (PDF Document, 0.69 Mb)
Object Detectives A-Z
How good are your observational skills and spelling? Have a good look around your home. You are the curator. Can you find an object for every letter?
- Home schooling - A-Z (PDF Document, 0.7 Mb)
Activities you can do at home
Funday Friday - Farewell to February
Find the answers that match the question in this quiz all about February.
- Fun Friday - Farewell to February 2021 (PDF Document, 0.19 Mb)
- Fun Friday - Farewell to February Answers (PDF Document, 0.19 Mb)
Make It - Speech Bubble
A smart speech bubble for you to make and share.
- Make It - Speech Bubble (PDF Document, 0.2 Mb)
Chinese New Year 2021
Chinese New Year is celebrated by more than 20% of the world. There is no set date for the Chinese New Year, also known as the Spring Festival or Lunar New Year and it can be celebrated from January 21 to February 20. This year it will fall on Friday February 12, 2021 and it is the year of the Ox.
The Chinese zodiac is divided into 12 houses, but each house lasts for one year instead of one month. Each New Year is characterised by one of 12 animals that appear in the Chinese zodiac.
Can you complete the Chinese New Year activities below?
- Chinese New Year 2021 (PDF Document, 0.45 Mb)
- Chinese New Year 2021 - Answers (PDF Document, 0.47 Mb)
Make It - Paper Heart Decoration
Make Valentine’s Day Fun with this simple to make Paper Heart Decoration.
- Make It - Paper Heart Decoration (PDF Document, 0.46 Mb)
Make It - Chinese Fan Decoration
Get ready to celebrate the Chinese year of the Ox with this easy to make decoration.
- Make It - Chinese Fan Decoration (PDF Document, 0.35 Mb)
Did you get involved with the Big Garden Birdwatch by the RSPB (Royal Society for the Protection of Birds)? Test your knowledge about this subject with our activities below.
Make It - Bird Feeders
Get involved with the RSPB’S Big Garden Birdwatch by making your own bird feeder!
- Make it - Bird Feeders (PDF Document, 0.1 Mb)
Can you answer all the questions in this recycling quiz?
Do your bit for the environment, starting with completing this crossword!
- Environmental Crossword (PDF Document, 0.36 Mb)
- Environmental Crossword - Answers (PDF Document, 0.35 Mb)
Make It - Container Characters
Cute container characters made from recycled household plastic bottles!
- Make It Container Characters (PDF Document, 0.26 Mb)
Make It - Egg Box Tipper Truck
Transportastic!! Recycle your junk into this great model truck.
- Make It - Egg Box Tipper Truck (PDF Document, 0.38 Mb)
How many 2021's can you find on our New Year's number search.
- Number Search (PDF Document, 0.2 Mb)
Charnwood Museum Matching Game
A fun game to keep you entertained on these rainy autumn days!
- Charnwood Museum Matching Game (PDF Document, 1.08 Mb)
Rhino and Mammoth colouring
Get your pens or crayons at the ready and colour the bones of these magnificent beasts!
- Rhino and Mammoth Colouring (PDF Document, 0.25 Mb)
Colouring activities for children
If you would like to send us pictures of your completed activities, please email them to email@example.com and we will share them with fellow museum friends on our Facebook and Twitter channels.
Activities you can do at the Museum
Print a copy of the below activities and complete them while you're at the Museum when we are open. The answers are here, so don't worry!
- The Terrible Tudors at Bradgate Quiz (PDF Document, 0.18 Mb)
- Charnwood Museum - Auster Quiz (PDF Document, 0.24 Mb)
- Charnwood Museum Trail - Word Search (PDF Document, 0.23 Mb)
- Charnwood Museum - A-Z (PDF Document, 0.14 Mb)
- Charnwood Museum - Detective Quiz (PDF Document, 0.61 Mb)
- Charnwood Museum - Objects and Artefacts (PDF Document, 0.16 Mb)
- Charnwood Museum - Ladybird Quiz (PDF Document, 0.12 Mb)
Loughborough Carillon Tower and War Memorial Museum online activities
The Loughborough Carillon Tower and War Memorial Museum have created an 'Activities Page' on their website so that children can have some Carillon Tower related fun during the coronavirus pandemic, including a cut-out model of the tower. The activities page can be found at www.carillontower.org.uk/things2do.htm.
Last updated: Tue 2nd March, 2021 @ 11:43