Skip to Content

Pavement Licence – Detailed evidence requirements

Our Customer Service Centre on Southfield Road is now open for essential enquiries by appointment only. Please be aware that it is mandatory for face coverings to be worn on the premises. More information, including how to make an appointment, can be found in this news story.

This webpage explains the detailed evidence requirements needed to obtain a Pavement Licence.

Evidence Requirements

You, as the applicant, are responsible for supplying ALL the evidence needed to support your application.

You will need to provide the following before you can make an application:

Proof of your Insurance cover

This must show that you have a current public liability insurance with a minimum of £5 million cover.  This could be sight of your insurance policy or certificate for example.

Proof of Consultation

Photograph of the notice displayed at your premises.

Copies or photographs of the completed frontage consent forms you will be distributing.

Location Plan

This must be at least A4 size but can be included as part of your larger site plan.

Suggested scales 1:1250/1:500

This must clearly outline the premises and location of the proposed outdoor seating in the Pavement Licence Area (PLA).

Site Plan

Suggested scales 1:1250/1:100

The plan must include the following:

  • Access Points
  • Building Lines
  • Boundaries
  • Kerbs
  • Dimensions of proposed seating area in the PLA
  • Table and Chair arrangements in the PLA
  • Other non-street furniture items layout e.g. heaters, signage etc in the PLA
  • Plan and elevations (1:50) of barriers/ enclosure of PLA

Street furniture, non-street furniture and barriers

Full details should be provided in respect of the above. This should include the following:

  • Dimensions
  • Colour
  • What they are made of
  • New or used

Diagrams, photos or manufacturers technical specifications would be a good way of demonstrating this

Relevant other licences held

Copies or photos of the relevant licenses held e.g. alcohol, premises licence, etc.

Share this page:

Last updated: Thu 30th July, 2020 @ 13:19