As businesses in Charnwood prepare to open their doors again, there are many plans and provisions that need to be considered.
Reopening safely checklist
This checklist outlines various aspects that businesses should be thinking about, including preparing for new health and safety standards, safety reminders for staff and engaging with customers.
Download your own checklist here: Reopening safely checklist poster (PDF Document, 1.23 Mb)
- Complete a COVID-19 risk assessment. Share it with all your staff. Find out how to do a risk assessment.
- Clean more frequently. Increase how often you clean surfaces, especially those that are being touched a lot. Ask your staff and your customers to use hand sanitiser and wash their hands frequently.
- Remind your customers and staff to wear face coverings in any indoor space or where required to do so by law. Some exemptions apply. Check when to wear one and exemptions.
- Make sure everyone is social distancing. Make it easy for everyone to do so.
- Put up signs and consider introducing a one-way system that your customers can follow. We have a wide range of posters and digital images to help keep your business Covid-secure which are free to download.
- Consider ventilation. Read the HSE advice on air conditioning and ventilation.
- Take part in NHS Test and Trace by keeping a record of all your customers, visitors and staff for 21 days. This is a legal requirement. Check ‘NHS Test and Trace in the workplace’ / Maintaining records of staff, customers and visitors to support NHS Test and Trace for details.
- Turn people with coronavirus symptoms away. Symptoms of coronavirus – NHS. If a staff member or a customer has main symptoms of coronavirus, they should be isolating. Employers must not require someone who is being required to self-isolate to come to work. Any employer asking an employee to break self-isolation to work is committing an offence.
- Consider the mental health and wellbeing aspects of coronavirus for yourself and others. The government has published guidance on the mental health and wellbeing aspects of coronavirus (COVID-19).
Find out more information on how to make your workplace COVID-secure, including more sector specific guidance in this full list on the gov.uk website.
Government guidance in relation to working safely during COVID-19 in specific sectors and industries
Including guides to safe shopping, guidance for food delivery & takeaway, advice and information on the steps needed to mitigate the dangers of Legionella, reopening salons and spas.
Health and Safety Executive checklist to support food businesses to reopen safely during COVID-19 after a period of inaction.
Guidance for food businesses looking to operate during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Legionnaires’disease: lockdown risks and reopening safely
Chartered Institute of Environmental Health staff handwashing training video
Reopening guidance from Leicestershire Fire and Rescue Service
Last updated: Fri 9th April, 2021 @ 16:49