We are urging residents in Charnwood to shop local in the run up to Christmas and help businesses during these difficult times.
As part of the Shop Safe, Shop Local campaign we have launched a festive campaign to urge people to look online for borough shops while many of them are closed due to national restrictions. And when restrictions are eased, people will be urged to return to the high street and shop safely for local gifts.
Along with Love Loughborough, we have also launched an online shopping website, offering virtual high street shopping with a distinctly local twist.
The new site – www.shoplocal.charnwood.gov.uk will feature a multitude of local businesses ranging from food and drink, groceries as well as toys, crafts and art.
This all new local e-commerce site will serve as a vital service to the local public, during lockdown and beyond, with both click and collect and local delivery available. Local businesses are being urged to sign up for free to help them showcase their business and trade online. All they need is a mobile phone and the rest is easy.
Get involved as a business
If you would like your businesses adding to the Council’s e-commerce site, simply sign up by complete this online form:
Get involved as a shopper
If you’re looking for a local business to buy your festive gifts and produce, visit our site below:
The campaign is being backed by Love Loughborough which will go live next week with its own e-commerce website offering its members the same chance to trade online.
The Council will be using festive signage and barriers in Charnwood high streets to encourage shoppers to use local stores for their Christmas shopping. Working with local businesses, all steps are being taken to ensure the public are safe when shopping across the borough, during lockdown and beyond.
- Many pubs, restaurants and cafes will continue to operate with food and drink deliveries and click & collect.
- Plenty of popular local businesses have online stores, making it easy to buy Christmas presents during lockdown.
- To support smaller high street stores with no online capability, a website is being launched which will give businesses a portal to help sell their products.
- For essential shopping, there are a select number of stores on the high street which remain open.
- Loughborough market will continue to operate for essential items on Thursdays & Saturdays and the Friday market in Shepshed will continue on the same basis.
The Shop Safe, Shop Local campaign is funded thanks to the Reopening High Streets Safely Fund which is supported by the European Regional Development Fund.
Last updated: Thu 19th November, 2020 @ 15:03